We’re hiring: Senior Interior Designer required
We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Interior Designer. The successful candidate will be based at our renowned luxury Cheshire showroom/office and will be part of our multi-discipline high-end Interior Design Team.
“…one of the rising stars of the Interior Design world” Vogue
Your job role will support the other creative leads and Design Centre staff with the creation and delivery of interior design schemes at various stages with a strong leaning to in internal Architecture input. You will be nurturing the development of junior support staff. Will be required to travel.
- We are looking for an ‘all-round’ designer with an eye for detail, creative flair and the ability to question things to create innovative solutions.
- You will be interested/capable of contributing to all stages of design from concept to completion.
- A passion for keeping up to date with the industry whether technical, FF&E or materials based is important.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate, confident and friendly when client facing and presenting both internally and externally.
- In this exciting role you will be involved at all stages of the project and you will offer an award-winning interior design service.
- You will have an exceptional portfolio demonstrating your creativity and a strong background in Design & Build or relevant experience from within a similar practice or consultancy.
- You will be well organized and presentable at all times.
- Possess a positive, hardworking, ‘can do’ attitude.
Key experience & attributes include
- 5+ years’ experience working for an Architectural or Design & Build consultancy, ideally both
- Experience of working within a variety of sectors, ideally luxury residential
- Possess an in-depth understanding of AutoCAD
- A confident team player
- Excellent face-to-face and written communications
- Proven project and pitch experience
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple projects at the same time
BA(hons) in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or similar qualification, or have equivalent experience in working within the luxury residential Interior Design industry.
- The ability to create and translate design concepts into 2D and 3D, which is key to communicating schemes to clients
- Ability to sketch and draw and convey idea by hand or through the use of mixed media
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver work to deadlines
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Are motivated to work on their own as well as be part of the Interior design team and the larger multi discipline team
- 3D studio Max / Cinema 4d (although not essential)
- Visualisation/drawing either by hand or by computer
- Adobe Creative suite inc. InDesign
- Ability to write specifications and presentations
- Interest in current interior design trends
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly respected, multi award-winning company. The team is close knit and enjoys the social side of work just as much as the professional.
We look forward to hearing from you. Send CV’s and a choice selection of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1st Jan 2019
If you would like to know more about our multi-award winning agency, please click to here to go to About Us for some background reading.